• Foster the discussion and dissemination of scientific studies and methodologies employed in the field of environmental education.
• Share and reflect upon successful environmental education practices implemented in various contexts.
• Facilitate synergies between public and private entities for the implementation of environmental education strategies.
• Raise awareness and encourage communities and all their stakeholders to recognize the importance of implementing environmental education strategies in the development of more resilient and sustainable societies.
Researchers, professionals, teachers, students, and the general public.
Central theme of the meeting:
Environmental Education in Building Sustainable Societies.
- Participatory democracy and co-creation;
- Citizen science;
- Sustainable cities and communities;
- Citizenship and sustainable schools.
Portuguese and English.
Those wishing to submit communications regarding educational experiences, projects, research papers, tools, and materials should follow these specified formats:
1. Oral presentations
– Abstracts submission should be done through the following form.
– The abstract should not exceed 2,000 characters, including spaces.
– The abstract should include references to the theme, goals, methodology, and conclusions;
– Abstract submissions must be received by November 30, 2023;
– Notification of abstract acceptance will be sent via email by December 31, 2023;
– The final paper for publication in the event proceedings book should be submitted in accordance with the provided template (download the template below) by January 31, 2024, to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org;
– The final paper should not exceed 10 pages;
– Papers submitted after the deadline of January 31 will not be included in the event proceedings book.
Download the template for full paper submission
Oral Presentations: 10 minutes
Available Equipment: PC, projector, wireless internet
– Abstract submission for posters should be done through the following form.
– Each poster should include an abstract in English;
– The poster should reference the theme, goals, methodology, conclusions, author’s name, affiliation, and email;
– Dimensions: 90 cm x 120 cm;
– The poster should follow the defined template, although font type and design are at the discretion of the author, as long as it remains legible;
– The inclusion of graphs and/or images is the sole responsibility of the author;
– Each participant should bring their printed poster and display it in the designated areas;
– Notification of poster acceptance will be sent via email by December 31, 2023;
– The poster should also be submitted in PowerPoint (PPT) format, as a single slide, for subsequent publication in the event proceedings book with ISBN;
– The PPT-format poster should be submitted by January 31, 2024.
Download poster template
Maximum number of submissions:
– Each author may submit up to 2 works individually or up to 3 in co-authorship
Review of submissions by the Scientific Committee:
The acceptance of abstracts for papers and posters will be determined by a Scientific Committee, which will notify the respective authors of acceptance and/or any proposed changes.
The evaluation of the submissions will focus on:
. The alignment of the work with the theme of the meeting;
. The scientific quality;
. Relevance and innovation.
Authors will be informed of the decision regarding submitted communications via email by December 31, 2023.
Margarida Correia Marques – University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro, Department of Biology and Environment
Alexandra Nobre – University of Minho, Department of Biology
Francisco Carvalho – General Coordinator and Innovation of the Landscape Laboratory
Susana Falcão – Education for Sustainability Coordinator at the Landscape Laboratory
– Certificates of presentation will only be issued to authors registered for the event.
More details can be directed to the Organizing Committee at email@example.com or by phone at 253 421 218 or 968173837